Andrew Bartlow leads Series B Consulting, through which he helps businesses articulate their people strategy, accelerate their growth, and navigate rapid change. Additionally, he founded the People Leader Accelerator, the preeminent development program for startup HR leaders. He is also the co-author of Scaling for Success: People Priorities for High-Growth Organizations. Andrew has 25 years of Human Resources and Talent Management experience at organizations across various sizes, maturity stages, and industries.
- Andrew Bartlow on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/bartlow/
- People Leader Accelerator – https://www.peopleleaderaccelerator.com/
- Scaling for Success by Andrew Bartlow – https://amzn.to/3ez4bmH
- Series B Consulting – https://www.seriesbconsulting.com/
- Harvard Business Review: Evolution & Revolution as Organizations Grow by Larry Greiner – https://hbr.org/1998/05/evolution-and-revolution-as-organizations-grow
- Dunbar’s number – https://bit.ly/3MD8dHj
- Patrick Lencioni Books – https://www.tablegroup.com/books/
- Mathison Diversity Recruiting – https://www.mathison.io/
- Humu – https://www.humu.com/
(1:50) – How did you get into your line of work?
(3:21) – What are the different Organizational Structures you see and how do you advise folks on which is the best fit for them?
(8:05) – Do you have examples of problems being solved that end up creating problems further down the road?
(13:37) – Total Chaos vs. Total OKR.
(16:52) – What are some best practices from a human capital standpoint to celebrate team members who transition out of an organization?
(22:36) – What are Spans and Layers?
(26:09) – Is there a ‘max’ for Span?
(27:29) – How do you advise companies to think about The Power of 150?
(31:40) – How often do you see strong leadership teams pausing to assess the business?
(35:09) – When it comes to defining roles do you see any best practices being used?
(42:25) – What makes a good hiring process?
(44:20) – How are you seeing organizations broaden the pipeline in which they’re getting candidates?
(46:52) – “We learn best when we learn less.”
(49:00) – Where do you see the best and worst ROI from Learning and Development initiatives?
(56:09) – What is the purpose of business?
(57:41) – How can people get in contact with you?